Monday, January 10, 2011

2011 North American International Motorcycle SUPERSHOW

Took the train to Toronto for the weekend to attend the big winter motorcycle show with Sean. The train was a nice, refreshing way to travel: didn't have to worry about traffic, bad weather, or parking. And with gas costing $1.15 a Litre, a round-trip train ticket wasn't much more than I'd have spent on gas for the minivan.

Had a great time hanging out with Sean, and we spent pretty much the entire day at the show on Saturday. Overall, the show was as I expected, that is to say that it wasn't particularly awesome, not particularly horrible. The scale of the show made up for its short-comings: this is the biggest show around these parts so at least there was lots to see. The two things that disappointed me most:

1) the new Triumph Tiger XC 800 was nowhere to be found (although I hear it was present at the manufacturers' trade show that was held there a 6 weeks ago);

2) despite having seached every square inch of every hall, I was not able to find Paddy Tyson -- an Irish guy who wanders the globe on two wheels. I wanted to buy a copy of his book and spend a few minutes chatting with him. Oh well, I guess I'll buy the book online. http://paddytyson.com/


The photos:


Electric trials bike


These guys had a good display, nice selection of stuff.


1937 Rudge Sports Special

Father and daughter team travelled across Canada on these old-school Honda Cubs



I've seen this bike before, and it's still a beauty.

1982 Honda GB500 Tourist Trophy

1982 Yamaha RD350LC

1986 Bimota DB1 (750cc Ducati engine).
I can't believe it's been 25 years since I first saw
these things on the covers of motorcycle magazines

Italian beauty: Guzzi V7 Café

Guzzi Griso


MV Augusta F4

Sean trying out a used FJR


Speed Triple

Boss Hoss with a 376 cubic inch Corvette engine ... redonkulous !

Outlandish, over-exaggerated, and just plain stupid.



Indian Chief Dark Horse.
$28,000


Confderate P120 Fighter Combat



Confederate P120 Black Flag


Confederate Hellcat

Confderate P120 Fighter Combat

Confderate P120 Fighter Combat




 
Harley Davidson with hearse side-car

1989 Honda RC30/VFR750R (V4)

1967 Triumph 650 Hardtail

I just barfed in my mouth

Interesting

iPod / iPhone dock

Wups.
Who dropped that?
Better yet: who's gonna pick it up?

Victory Vision lying on its side like a beached whale