Monday, March 8, 2010

weekend riding and farkling

For the beginning of March, we're having some great weather. I don't want to say that spring has arrived because it might just turn around and bite me in the ass with a big snowstorm. Anyway, I went for an afternoon ride with a buddy from work who was itching to get back on two wheels. He rides a CBR600RR. We cruised all over town and stopped at a couple of motorcycle dealers just to look around. Weather was nice and sunny. The roads still have plenty of sand in the intersections so you need to be careful, especially on a sportbike.



And for no reason other than to spend a few dollars, I bought the old pre-2002 DR650 headlight fairing. It fits exactly the same as the 2002 and newer fairing, and I just like the look of the old one better. Found a guy selling it on ThumperTalk for cheap and I have some cash sitting in my PayPal account from some leftover SV650 parts I peddled on eBay.

 
I like this one better.