Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Whooomp! There it is.... 1190, that is.

It's a long story as to why I missed my chance to order a Canadian-spec 2015 KTM 1190 Adventure R, but I managed to make a very good compromise in the end.  A very gently used 2013 "German-spec" model with a few nice upgrades. Won't be able to bring it back to Canada when my job is done but selling it in 2-3 years from now should be easy enough. A used bike of this type is highly sought-after, especially given the price of a new one.

Took a few days to get the license plate and insurance crap in order, but I finally went to pick it up today.

It's got 10,000 Kms on the clock, and came with KTM/Touratech Powerparts luggage racks and aluminum panniers, a Touratech seat, the KTM Powerparts skid plate, and an Akrapovic slip-on muffler. A few other little orange billet aluminum bling bits here and there, such as clutch and brake reservoir caps.

Rode home in sleet and wet snow. No big deal, just need to be gentle with throttle input.



Here's a photo as I was leaving the KTM dealer in Berlin. Great guys. This is me with John, a British dude who works there and helps me to communicate with the owner (who speaks almost no English).

I'll go back on Saturday to retrieve the OEM seat and muffler.