Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Wolfman side racks, Giant Loop Diablo tank bag


I managed to get my hands on one of the last sets of Wolfman side racks ever sold. I bought them from RockyMountainATV and had them shipped to a friend's place in Maine. A few weeks later, he was coming to visit me in Berlin and he brought them to me. Free delivery all the way to Germany! Awesome.

Took me a while to get around to installing them. Left side rack went on like butter. Perfect fit. The right side rack needed some mild persuasion but it wasn't bad at all.

Had to drill the rear fender. Fortunately, the location
for the mounting holes are already marked - makes it real easy.
5/8" was just a wee bit small.

These are the spacer/bushings for the mounts.

I ended up enlarging the holes a little more, to 18mm. Perfect.



This photo shows the Giant Loop Diablo tank bag. 
A larger version called the Fandango is available, but 
I like this size. Very nice quality. The bag unzips from 
the base very quickly so you can take it with you.


Do these racks make my butt look fat?