Friday, May 25, 2012

Mumbai Motorbikes

I was recently on a business trip in Mumbai, India for three weeks. A very different place from Canada -- that's for sure. I enjoyed every minute. This was my second visit to Mumbai, as I was there last year for about ten days.

In any event, I saw plenty of bikes and took a few pics. I even had a chance to take one for a test ride (though not in traffic -- that would be downright dangerous for someone who isn't used to the vehicular chaos of this crazy town). 


Royal Enfield Bullet 350

Honda Hero 150
Men are required to wear helmets, and only if they are the rider 
(not if they are a passenger)

Bajaj Avenger 220

Yamaha Fazer 150

Stumbled upon this KTM dealer by accident. They recently partnered 
with Bajaj to assemble the Duke 200, a model exclusive to the Indian market. 
I took one for a test ride in the underground parking garage. A very nice little bike, 
and only $2,500 will get you a brand new one including all taxes, licensing and 
insurance !!!  That's 1/2 the price of a Ninja 250 at the Kawasaki dealer down 
the street. I'm not sure how they do it for that price (I guess labour is very cheap 
in India).





Another Royal Enfield Bullet 350