Saturday, March 12, 2011

2 weeks in Africa

Went to Africa for work recently. One week in Bamako, Mali, followed by another week in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso. Both are former French colonies, and located in the North Western part of the continent. Hot and dry climate. Had a great time, even if I did spend long hours at work every day.

Took photos of some of the motorcycles I saw. Interesting to see all the different bikes people ride in other parts of the world.

Hotel in Bamako

Bananas just outside my hotel room.

Typical Bamako side-street

Typical woman on the main drag in Bamako, selling carrots.

Beer time.

Soccer is very popular

Yamaha DT175


Honda CG125


Yamaha 100cc 2-stroke (these are very common)


Baotian - never heard of these things.

Not the same KTM as most westerners would think.


Check out the KTM !

View from my hotel room in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso


 Some type of air-cooled Honda v-twin in Ouagadougou --
the largest dispacement bike I saw.
 

 


 Honda TransAlp -- in Frankfurt 
(where I spent a night on my return trip)